Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

You are here: Home / About Us / Enrollment/Registrar's Office

Enrollment/Registrar's Office Page

NEW STUDENT Enrollment for the 2017-18 School Year

If you are inquiring about enrollment and registration for the 2017-18 school  year, and you are NEW (or returning) to the Castro Valley Unified School District, and are NOT transferring from Canyon or Creekside, please click HERE New enrollments for the 2017-18 school year will begin on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. 

Once you have enrolled electronically and have gathered ALL of the required paperwork please call Castro Valley High School at (510) 537-5910 and schedule an enrollment appointment with Joy Elek at Ext. 3805 and Jackie Smith-Mckaig at Ext. 3823 (please no drop-ins).  Be sure to bring all required paperwork, including residency verification, to your appointment.  The preferred hours for new student enrollment are between 10:00 AM and 12: PM. Appointments for new enrollments and residency verification will close Friday, June 2nd and will re-open Wednesday, July 5th. No appointments will be taken during this time due to getting ready for graduation and closing up the end of the 2016-17 school year.

TRANSFER Enrollment from Canyon/Creekside for the 2017-18 School Year

If you have a current 8th GR student, attending Canyon or Creekside Middle School, transferring to CVHS in the fall, you will want to attend 8th GR Parent Night on "TBD".  In addition, you will need to verify your Castro Valley address on the scheduled Residency Dates.  Your student’s information from Canyon or Creekside will “roll” into Castro Valley High School however your Castro Valley address must be verified prior to Walk-thru Registration.  It is best to complete this step BEFORE the end of the current school year.

You will receive additional information later in the summer regarding the online Re-Registration process and Walk-thru Registration dates.  At Walk-thru Registration your student will turn in required forms (obtained through Parent Portal Account/Data Confirmation), take a photograph for ID and yearbook, and if all required forms are turned in and residency verification has been completed, your student will receive a class schedule, locker assignment and ID Card.

Residency Verification Dates (for Canyon/Creekside students ONLY):



If you are a former or current student in need of a transcript please fill out a Transcript Request Form and submit form to the Registrar.  If you require additional information about transcripts refer to the document titled Obtaining Official vs. Unofficial Transcripts.


Are you moving or transferring schools?  A parent/guardian will need to contact the Registrar, or Counselor, so student can obtain the withdrawal paperwork.  The student will need to return all books assigned to him/her to the Bookroom/Library, and check out with other offices on campus.  Once this process is completed the Registrar can provide paperwork for the new transfer school.

If you are moving to another residence within our attendance area, please contact Joy Elek in our Main Office at Ext. 3805 as soon as possible so we can update our records with your new contact information.  You will need to complete and submit a “Statement of Residency Form” form with a current PG&E bill + 1 additional required document.  



Contact:  Registrar - Jackie Smith-Mckaig
Telephone: (510) 537-5910, ext. 3823
Fax: (510) 582-7728