Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
Goals of the CVUSD GATE Program:
- To differentiate curriculum and instruction by matching student needs with program options.
- To develop self generated critical and higher level thinking abilities in both cognitive and affective areas as appropriate to the student.
- To develop alternative learning environments which stimulate inquiry and which allow for the growth of students’ strengths and interests.
- To provide an integrated, thinking curriculum by approaching concepts, subjects, theme and problems as they are related to each other and as they occur in the real world; expanding each pupil’s awareness of choices for satisfying contributions in his or her environment.
- To help gifted and talented pupils develop realistic, healthy self-concepts.
- To identify and support underachieving GATE students.
- Ensure that pupils from economically disadvantaged and varying cultural backgrounds are provided full access to participation in GATE.