Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

You are here: Home / District / Educational Services / Student Services / Enrollment and Registration Information / TK & Kindergarten Enrollment Information

TK & Kindergarten Enrollment Information


3/01/2017 NEW TK & Kindergarten Enrollment Appointments BEGIN 

On March 1, 2017, Kindergarten enrollment will begin for the 2017-18 school year.  A child is eligible to begin Kindergarten if his/her fifth birthday falls on or before September 1, 2017.  Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is for students who turn five on or between September 2 and December 2, 2017.  

2/21/2017 - 2/28/2017 TK & Kindergarten Younger Sibling Priority Enrollment 

In order to address the district's priority for younger siblings of a current student to be able to enroll in the same school that their older sibling already attends, the district has arranged a priority sibling enrollment period.  Priority sibling enrollment will only be provided for district residents.  Priority sibling enrollment for the upcoming school year will begin on February 21, 2017 and end on February 28, 2017.

TK Parent Information Night

Additional information regarding Transitional Kindergarten was presented at TK Parent Information Night on February 22, 2017.  This is an overview of the presentation:    TK Parent Presentation 2017 

TK & K Information in Spanish
TK & K Information in Chinese



Our district enrollment process begins with an online enrollment application and concludes by submitting required documents and proof of residency to the school site.  Listed below is an "enrollment checklist" to help organize your enrollment documents and familiarize you with the process.


If you are enrolling a new student, you must complete this step prior to your meeting with the school office staff. Begin the process HERE .


You must be a current resident in the CVUSD boundaries and provide proof of residency. 

FILL OUT THE CVUSD STATEMENT OF RESIDENCY FORM  Submit form at the school site with ALL of the original required documents:

  1. Current PG&E bill in your name showing the residence property address (all pages), including service address.
  2. A current CA Drivers License / ID Card for identification purposes only.
  3. Any one (1) of the following current bills:
  • EBMUD bill
  • Waste Management bill
  • DMV vehicle registration or vehicle insurance bill
  • Telephone bill

Current bills are defined as no more than 2 months old.

If you have special circumstances and are unable to provide any of the residency documentation, please contact the Student Services department for an appointment at 510-537-3000  x1209.  Special circumstances may require you to process your residency at the district office.

Shared Residency:

Shared Residency is when a parent is residing with another district resident seven days a week. Both parties must be present during their residency verification.  Print and complete the Shared Residency form. The parent will need to provide two (2) bills proving his/her residency at this address. These items may include phone bill, cable bill, credit card bill, vehicle insurance, payroll stub with name and address, etc.. The parent/guardian's California Driver's License will also be required for identification purposes. The Homeowner/Renter the parent is living with, will need to provide his/her PG&E bill, another bill (e.g. EBMUD, Waste Mgmt. DMV, or telephone), and his/her California Driver's License. It is the parent/guardian responsibility to notify the school secretary/registrar within five school days if a student or family move from this address. Falsification of residency will result in liability for any excess costs incurred by the District.  Additionally, the student will be immediately disenrolled and referred to his/her resident district for enrollment.


Please be sure to bring the following supporting documents with you to finalize your student's enrollment:   

  1. Enrollment Confirmation (available to print when you complete the online enrollment application)
  2. Residency Verification Form and all of the required original documents
  3. Child's birth certificate or passport
  4. Child's immunization records (Tdap required for 7th Grade and above)
  5. Kindergarten & 1st Grade: Health History
  6. Kindergarten: Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form or a dental check done no earlier than 12 months before your child enters school.
  7. NEW 10th - 12th Grade students: MUST provide an unofficial transcript.  If transferring mid-year (including 9th Grade), bring proof of withdrawal, with transfer grades, from prior school.
  8. NEW 9th Grade students at start of the new school year:  Provide copy of 8th Grade Report Card
  9. NEW 6th, 7th, 8th Grade students:  Provide Transcript or Report Cards
  10. Current IEP (if applicable)
  11. Current 504 (if applicable)  

If you answered any language other than English on the Enrollment Form/Home Language Survey section, you must complete the Informal Primary Language Assessment Form

Online enrollment will not "hold a spot" for your student in your neighborhood school, and your student will not be considered enrolled, until you have have submitted ALL required documents at the school site.  If you have any questions regarding the information needed to enroll your student, you may contact your school office. 


When enrollment is complete at the school site, the school will provide information needed for you to create an Aeries Parent Portal Account, if you do not already have one. To do this you will need to input your child's name, telephone number, permanent I.D. number and a Verification Pass Code  (both numbers will be provided by the school's office).


Residency verification must be completed for TK and Kindergarten, all students who are NEW to the district, all continuing 6th grade and 9th grade students, and any family who moves throughout the year. You must submit original documents. Online printouts of current bills with your name and address are acceptable. Current bills are defined as no more than 2 months old. Post office box addresses will not be accepted. Incomplete residencies will not be accepted. Complete the residency verification at the school site.