Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

You are here: Home / District / Educational Services / Student Services / Enrollment and Residency Requirements

Enrollment and Residency Requirements

Enter your address, or search by street name, to confirm location is within the CVUSD:

CVUSD School Boundary - Address Lookup

CVUSD Street Directory

Please note:  Many schools and grade levels are impacted by growth and students may not be able to attend their resident school.  School assignment will be confirmed upon completion of the enrollment process.

NEW STUDENT enrollments 

We are accepting new student enrollments for the 2017-18 school year only.  Enrollments for the 2018-19 school year will begin on/around March 1, 2018 for new students entering TK and Kindergarten, and April 1, 2018 for new 1st through 12th grade students.

Our district enrollment process begins with an online enrollment application and concludes by submitting required documents and proof of residency to the school site. Be sure to follow the enrollment steps listed below and obtain all of the required residency and enrollment documents prior to scheduling the appointment.



If you are enrolling a NEW to our district student, you must complete this step prior to your meeting with the school office staff.   BEGIN THE PROCESS HERE .


You must be a current resident in the CVUSD boundaries and provide proof of residency. 

FILL OUT THE CVUSD STATEMENT OF RESIDENCY FORM  Submit form at the school site with ALL of the original required documents:

  1. Current PG&E bill in your name showing the residence property address (all pages), including service address.
  2. A current CA Drivers License / ID Card for identification purposes only.
  3. Any one (1) of the following current bills:
  • EBMUD bill
  • Waste Management bill
  • DMV vehicle registration or vehicle insurance bill
  • Telephone bill

Current bills are defined as no more than 2 months old.

If you have special circumstances and are unable to provide any of the residency documentation, please contact the Student Services department for an appointment at 510-537-3000  x1209.  Special circumstances may require you to process your residency at the district office.

Shared Residency:

Shared Residency is when a parent is residing with another district resident seven days a week. Both parties must be present during their residency verification.  Print and complete the Shared Residency form. The parent will need to provide two (2) bills proving his/her residency at this address. These items may include phone bill, cable bill, credit card bill, vehicle insurance, payroll stub with name and address, etc.. The parent/guardian's California Driver's License will also be required for identification purposes. The Homeowner/Renter the parent is living with, will need to provide his/her PG&E bill, another bill (e.g. EBMUD, Waste Mgmt. DMV, or telephone), and his/her California Driver's License. It is the parent/guardian responsibility to notify the school secretary/registrar within five school days if a student or family move from this address. Falsification of residency will result in liability for any excess costs incurred by the District.  Additionally, the student will be immediately disenrolled and referred to his/her resident district for enrollment.


Please be sure to bring the following supporting documents with you to finalize your student's enrollment:   

  1. Enrollment Confirmation (available to print when you complete the online enrollment application)
  2. Residency Verification Form and all of the required original documents
  3. Child's birth certificate or passport
  4. Child's immunization records (Tdap required for 7th Grade and above)
  5. Kindergarten & 1st Grade: Health History
  6. Kindergarten: Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form or a dental check done no earlier than 12 months before your child enters school.
  7. NEW 10th - 12th Grade students: MUST provide an unofficial transcript.  If transferring mid-year (including 9th Grade), bring proof of withdrawal, with transfer grades, from prior school.
  8. NEW 9th Grade students at start of the new school year:  Provide copy of 8th Grade Report Card
  9. NEW 6th, 7th, 8th Grade students:  Provide Transcript or Report Cards
  10. Current IEP (if applicable)
  11. Current 504 (if applicable)  

If you answered any language other than English on the Enrollment Form/Home Language Survey section, you must complete the Informal Primary Language Assessment Form

Online enrollment will not "hold a spot" for your student in your neighborhood school, and your student will not be considered enrolled, until you have have submitted ALL required documents at the school site.  If you have any questions regarding the information needed to enroll your student, you may contact your school office. 


When enrollment is complete at the school site, the school will provide information needed for you to create an Aeries Parent Portal Account, if you do not already have one. To do this you will need to input your child's name, telephone number, permanent I.D. number and a Verification Pass Code  (both numbers will be provided by the school's office).


Parent|Student Portal Account Instructions
Crear una cuenta en el portal para padres-alumnos

Adding Another Student to Portal Account
Cómo agregar un alumno a su cuenta actual en el Portal para padres


Re-Registration in the Parent Portal

Directions for Saving and Printing Registration Documents


Residency verification must be completed for TK and Kindergarten, all students who are NEW to the district, all continuing 6th grade and 9th grade students, and any family who moves throughout the year. You must submit original documents. Online printouts of current bills with your name and address are acceptable. Current bills are defined as no more than 2 months old. Post office box addresses will not be accepted. Incomplete residencies will not be accepted. Complete the residency verification at the school site.  All Caregiver Affidavits, McKinney-Vento Homeless and Shared Residencies must be renewed each school year.


A child is eligible to begin Kindergarten if his/her fifth birthday falls on or before September 1, 2017. Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is for students who turn five on or between September 2 and December 2, 2017.  Please review information provided at TK Parent Information Night that was held in February:  TK Parent Presentation 2017   TK & K Information in Spanish    TK & K Information in Chinese