The District has established a functioning District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) to advise on programs and services for EL students. The DELAC steering committee will meet at least four times annually and meets all of the following requirements:
- Has had the opportunity to advise the governing board on at least the following tasks:
- A timetable for and development of a district master plan of education programs and services for EL students, taking into consideration the school site plans for EL students.
- Conduction a districtwide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Establishment of a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for EL students.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with applicable teacher or aide requirements
- Administration of the language census
- Review of and comments on the written notification of initial enrollment
- Review and comment on any related waiver request
- Review of and comment on the district reclassification procedures.
- Has received training materials and training, planned in full consultation with the committee, appropriate to assist parent members in carrying out their responsibilities.
These meetings provide an opportunity for district-wide articulation and ensure consistency and coordination.
Meetings Dates and Times:
Staff Development Center at District Office, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Refreshments and childcare will be provided
January 12, 2017
March 2, 2017
May 4, 2017
June 20, 2017