As we move towards resuming in-person instruction in Castro Valley schools, our goal is to create a safe learning environment for our students and staff.
CVUSD began its Phase 1 of testing with employees in December 2020.
Phase 2 of testing, which will include students, begins March 4 at the Castro Valley Center for the Arts (CFA). At this point, COVID-19 testing is voluntary. Your participation in this initial process, however, will help the District get one step closer to bringing students back to their schools and help prevent the direct threat of a COVID-19 spread throughout our community.
About our partner, National Labs
National Labs is a Bay-area based CLIA & COLA certified reference laboratory specializing in COVID-19 and Toxicology testing. They have joined California's lab taskforce to provide necessary testing to local counties and companies. National Labs' goal is to help provide the safest school environment possible through the addition of a COVID-19 testing partnership. Trained medical staff will be available in multiple exclusive onsite collection centers throughout our district for convenience and fast results.
Frequency of access to testing
Students can take a test once a week. Students, as a condition of competing in CVUSD-sponsored interscholastic athletic competition, may test up to twice a week. The testing frequency and schedule may change based on guidance from state and the county public health officials.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can we expect at the testing site?
- A friendly, safe, and pain-free experience!
- All community areas are sanitized between tests, and safe distancing will be in-place.
- All personnel will be wearing masks, and we ask that your child wears a mask until the test takes place.
What type of test is it?
- Specimens are collected via a non-invasive nasal swab that enters about one inch into the nostril.
- Specimens will then be run via the gold-standard RT-PCR method, which detects and identifies SARS-CoV-2 in patients.
Who is eligible for the test?
- All CVUSD students are eligible to take advantage of COVID-19 testing at our onsite collection centers.
- No student will be denied a test due to lack of health insurance.
- Parents and guardians will not be billed for the cost of the test, including co-payment.
How much time does it take?
- The test takes less than 5 minutes.
What do I need to bring?
- The lab needs an initial Intake Form the first time you visit, as well as a consent form. You can fill it out at the testing site or download it from the list above.
- This will only have to be provided once.
- You will be asked to provide your health insurance info on the form.
- There is no cost to you.
Process for test results
- You will receive your child’s test results via email 24-48 hours after the test.
- The email will come from Notifications@nationallabs.com and the subject line reads "National Labs COVID-19 Test Result.
- The email will say that the COVID-19 was “Detected,” “Not Detected,” or “Inconclusive.”
- CVUSD will have access to reports as needed to track COVID-19 cases and clusters
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Please send an email to: CVCovidTesting@cv.k12.ca.us.