We are grateful to our staff and appreciate our families and the community for their support.
ALL MEANS ALL!
Working Together to Support Students
- College & Career Pathways: Project Lead the Way; Drama, Art and Design Academy; Health & Biotechnology; and Information & Communication Technology.
- Counselors and social workers in elementary, middle and high School;
- Award winning music programs;
- Rigorous visual and performing arts programs;
- Community partnerships with not for profit and industry partners;
- Strong athletic and after-school programs;
- Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS);
- Footsteps2Brilliance, a free early childhood reading and literacy app for ALL Castro Valley residents;
- School and home connection;
- Parent education programs such as Parent Institute for Quality Education (PIQE) and School Smarts;
- Exemplary Adult and Career Education Program;
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) and Puente;
- Robust & ongoing professional development for staff;
- Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) Classes;
- Dual enrollment;
- College Articulated Courses in high school; and
- Castro Valley Virtual Academy.
The Castro Valley Unified School District is built on a strong foundation of parent support, community involvement, a dedicated staff, and quality instructional programs with high expectations for student achievement based on clear district standards. This has resulted in our students achieving among the highest in the state. In addition, District schools and staff have been recognized in a variety of ways:
- California Exemplary District (1 of 22 districts in the State);
- Castro Valley listed as one of only five “Bay Area Sweet Spots” because of its great schools and housing market;
- Canyon Middle School re-designated as one of only 20 schools on the CA Schools to Watch List;
- Castro Valley Elementary, Marshall and Palomares Elementary Schools designated as 2016 Gold Ribbon Schools;
- Castro Valley Elementary and Marshall Elementary Schools received 2016 Title I Academic Achievement Awards;
- Independent and Proctor Elementary Schools received 2018 California Distinguished School Award;
- Redwood High School designated as a California Model Continuation; and
- Castro Valley Adult and Career Education Center received a six year WASC in 2016.