Residency Information and Forms
Proof of Residency
Residency verification must be completed and is required for:
- All students NEW to the district
- When a family changes their address
- All CVUSD students when transitioning from 5th to 6th Grade and from 8th to 9th Grade (regardless of how long a student has attended CVUSD Schools)
Fill out a CVUSD Statement of Residency Form (please refer to links on the right for the forms), submit the form at the school site with required documents:
- Current PG&E bill in your name showing the residence property address (all pages), including the service address.
- A current CA Driver's License or ID Card or Passport or Military ID for Identification purposes only.
- Any one (1) of the following: EBMUD bill, Waste Management bill, DMV Vehicle Registration, Telephone bill, Court documents, payroll check stub, medical records with name and address.
You must submit original documents, online printouts of your current bills in your name and address are also acceptable. Current bills are defined as no more than two months old. Your original documents will be returned to you.
Residency is based on where you live, not what property you own. Purchase agreements/contracts are not acceptable as proof of residency (escrow closing papers are acceptable with additional verification required within 30 days).
CVUSD Residency Verification Forms
A Shared Residency must be renewed every school year.