New Student Enrollment Steps
New Student Enrollment at Castro Valley Unified School District
New student enrollments are welcome throughout the school year. Our district enrollment process begins with an online application through our student information system (Aeries) where families can also upload required documents listed in Step 2. Families may be invited to the school site of their child to provide these required documents. Listed below is an “enrollment checklist” to help organize your enrollment documents and familiarize you with the process.
STEP 1 – Complete an Online Enrollment Application
If you are enrolling a new student, you must complete this step prior to your meeting with the school office staff.
Please begin the process at HERE
*Please note that you must be a current resident in the school boundaries of Castro Valley Unified School District (CVUSD). If you do not reside in the CVUSD residence boundaries and wish to be considered for enrollment at a CVUSD school, please refer to the Interdistrict Transfer webpage for additional information.
STEP 2 – Verification of Residency
You must be a current resident in the CVUSD boundaries and provide proof of residency. Fill out the CVUSD Statement of Residency Form and upload in the Aeries system (or submit to CVUSD staff with ALL the following original documents):
- Any one (1) of the following current bills:
- PG&E Bill or Welcome letter with name, address and start date
- East Bay MUD BIll
- Alameda County Industries (ACI) Bill
- Waste Management Bill
- East Bay MUD Bill
- Alameda County Industries (ACI) Bill or Waste Management Bill
- DMV Vehicle Registration or Vehicle Insurance Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Medical Bill
STEP 3 – Provide Additional Documents as Applicable
Below is a list of all documents that are required to complete enrollment. You are able to upload these documents into the Aeries system during initial enrollment or as determined when contacted by CVUSD staff.
- Enrollment Confirmation (available to print when you complete the online enrollment application)
- Residency Verification Form and copies of ALL of the residency verification documents
- Proof of your Child’s birth date (can be proven by the birth certificate, passport, an affidavit of birth, family bible, Torah, Koran, etc.)
- Child's Immunization Records
- Health History Form required by 1st Grade. This can be completed any time within the 18 months prior to the start of 1st Grade.
- Kindergarten: Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form or a dental check done no earlier than 12 months before your child enters school.
- Current IEP or current 504 (if applicable)
- NEW 10th - 12th Grade students: MUST provide an unofficial transcript. If transferring mid-year, bring proof of withdrawal, with transfer grades, from prior school.
- NEW 9th Grade students at start of the new school year: Provide copy of 8th Grade Report Card
- NEW 6th, 7th, 8th Grade students: Provide Transcript or Report Card
Completing the online enrollment application does NOT reserve a space for your student in your neighborhood school. Your student is not considered fully enrolled until you have submitted ALL required documents to the school site through and received confirmation from school staff. If you have any questions regarding the enrollment status of your student after you have submitted an application, you may contact your school office.
Please note that a number of grade levels at CVUSD schools experience limited space. While we can guarantee that there will be a space for any resident student in CVUSD, we cannot guarantee that a student will attend their resident school. The “diversion” process would see such students automatically transferred to another CVUSD school site and placed on a waitlist at their residence school site. Final school assignment is confirmed upon completion of the enrollment process.