Student Services » New Student Enrollment Steps

New Student Enrollment Steps

STEP 1 - Complete an Online Enrollment Application

If you are enrolling a new student, you must complete and submit an online enrollment application prior to your meeting with the school district staff.  We are currently accepting enrollments for the current 2018-19 school year only. New student enrollments for the 2019-20 school year is not yet an option.

Click  HERE  to begin the online application


STEP 2 - Verification of Residency
You must be a current resident in the CVUSD boundaries and provide proof of residency. 
Fill out a CVUSD Statement of Residency Form and submit at the school site with the following original documents:
  1. Current PG&E bill in your name showing the residence property address (all pages), including service address.
  2. A current CA Driver's License or ID Card for identification purposes only.
  3. Any one (1) of the following current bills:
    • EBMUD bill
    • Waste Management bill
    • DMV vehicle registration or vehicle insurance bill
    • Telephone bill
If you have special circumstances and are unable to provide any of the residency documentation, please contact the Student Services Dept. for an appointment at 510-537-3000  x1209.  Special circumstances may require you to process your residency at the district office.
STEP 3 - Call the School Site to Schedule an Enrollment Appointment
Please be sure to bring the following supporting documents with you to the appointment to finalize your student's enrollment:
  1. Enrollment Confirmation (available to print when you complete the online enrollment application)
  2. Residency Verification Form and ALL of the required original documents
  3. Child's birth certificate, or passport, or an affidavit of birth (or baptism certificate, or family Bible, Torah, Koran)
  4. Child's Immunization Records
  5. Kindergarten & 1st Grade:  Health History Form
  6. Kindergarten:  Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form or a dental check done no earlier than 12 months before your child enters school.
  7. NEW 10th - 12th Grade students:  MUST provide an unofficial transcript.  If transferring mid-year, bring proof of withdrawal, with transfer grades, from prior school.
  8. NEW 9th Grade students at start of the new school year:  Provide copy of 8th Grade Report Card
  9. NEW 6th, 7th, 8th Grade students:  Provide Transcript or Report Card
  10. Current IEP or current 504 (if applicable)

Click (HERE) for Residency Information and Forms

Click (HERE) for Supporting Documents Parent/Guardian Forms

Click on the link below to view and print CVUSD Enrollment Steps for future reference