New Student Enrollment Steps
STEP 1 - Complete an Online Enrollment Application (Click to Expand)
Complete an Online Enrollment Application
If you are enrolling a new student, you must complete and submit an online enrollment application prior to your meeting with the school district staff.
Click HERE to begin the online application
Online enrollment will not “hold a spot” for your student in your neighborhood school, and your student will not be considered enrolled, until you have submitted all required documents at the school site.
STEP 2 - Verification of Residency (Click to Expand)
- Current PG&E bill in your name showing the residence property address (all pages), including service address.
- A current CA Driver's License or ID Card for identification purposes only.
- Any one (1) of the following current bills:
- EBMUD bill
- Waste Management bill
- DMV vehicle registration or vehicle insurance bill
- Telephone bill
STEP 3 - Call School Site to Schedule an Enrollment Appointment (Click to Expand)
- Enrollment Confirmation (available to print when you complete the online enrollment application)
- Residency Verification Form and ALL of the required original documents
- Child's birth certificate, (also accepted are passports, an affidavit of birth, or a baptism certificate, family bible, Torah, Koran)
- Child's Immunization Records
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade: Health History Form
- Kindergarten: Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form or a dental check done no earlier than 12 months before your child enters school.
- Current IEP or current 504 (if applicable)
- NEW 10th - 12th Grade students: MUST provide an unofficial transcript. If transferring mid-year, bring proof of withdrawal, with transfer grades, from prior school.
- NEW 9th Grade students at start of the new school year: Provide copy of 8th Grade Report Card
- NEW 6th, 7th, 8th Grade students: Provide Transcript or Report Card
Please note that many CVUSD schools and grade levels are impacted by growth and students may not be able to attend their resident school. This may result in students being diverted to another CVUSD school site. Final school assignment is confirmed upon completion of the enrollment process.