English Language Learners
District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
October 6, 2022 -Virtual Meeting
6:15 - 7:30 p.m.
Please see the AGENDA for details and translations of instructions.
Consulte la AGENDA para obtener detalles y traducciones de las instrucciones.
The first meeting will be held on Zoom.
Translation (interpretation) through the Zoom interpreter channel will be available.
To access the meeting click here: https://cv-k12-ca-us.zoom.us/j/89690165605
Interpretation instructions: Join the meeting and look at the bottom of the screen for a globe and select the language from the options available.
Instrucciones de interpretación: Únase a la reunión, busque un globo terráqueo en la parte inferior de la pantalla y seleccione el idioma entre las opciones disponibles.
Future Meeting Dates:
December 8, 2022 -To be held in the Canyon Library
March 2, 2023- To be held in the Canyon Library
May 4, 2023-To be held in the Canyon Library
DELAC: District English Language Advisory Committee
The District maintains a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) to advise on programs and services for EL students.
The DELAC steering committee meets at least four times annually and meets all of the following requirements:
- Has the opportunity to advise the governing board on at least the following tasks:
- A timetable for and development of a district master plan of education programs and services for EL students, taking into consideration the school site plans for EL students.
- Conduct a districtwide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Establish a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for EL students.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with applicable teacher or aide requirements
- Administration of the language census
- Review of and comments on the written notification of initial enrollment
- Review and comment on any related waiver request
- Review of and comment on the district reclassification procedures.
- Has received training materials and training, planned in full consultation with the committee, appropriate to assist parent members in carrying out their responsibilities.
These meetings provide an opportunity for district-wide articulation and ensure consistency and coordination.
For questions regarding DELAC, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
(510) 537-3000 ext. 1224
Parent Notification ELPAC Summative Letters -2020
Past DELAC Agendas
Past Meeting Minutes
2021-2022 DELAC Goals