District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
2020-2021 Meeting Dates and Times:
August 19, 2020 Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 817 4221 5382 Passcode: D0EErN
September 17, 2020 Meeting
Join by meet.google.com/iky-ikko-wya
December 17, 2020 Zoom Meeting
March 4, 2021
May 20, 2021
The District maintains a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) to advise on programs and services for EL students. The DELAC steering committee meets at least four times annually and meets all of the following requirements:
- Has the opportunity to advise the governing board on at least the following tasks:
- A timetable for and development of a district master plan of education programs and services for EL students, taking into consideration the school site plans for EL students.
- Conduct a districtwide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Establish a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for EL students.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with applicable teacher or aide requirements
- Administration of the language census
- Review of and comments on the written notification of initial enrollment
- Review and comment on any related waiver request
- Review of and comment on the district reclassification procedures.
- Has received training materials and training, planned in full consultation with the committee, appropriate to assist parent members in carrying out their responsibilities.
These meetings provide an opportunity for district-wide articulation and ensure consistency and coordination.