English Language Learners
District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
May 4, 2023
at Canyon Middle School in the library
6:15 - 7:30 p.m.
Please note that childcare and dinner will be provided.
May 4, 2023 DELAC Meeting Agenda Agenda en Español 简体中文议程
DELAC Minutes 3/2/2023-ENGLISH Actas Marzo 2, 2023 2023 年 3 月 2 日 DELAC 会议纪要 - 中文
March 2, 2023 DELAC Meeting Agenda Agenda en Español 简体中文议程
DELAC Minutes for December 8, 2022- ENGLISH, Acta de DELAC del 8 de diciembre de 2022, DELAC 会议记录 2022 年 12 月 8 日
10/06/2022 Meeting Minutes , 06/10/2022 Acta de la reunión, 2022 年 10 月 6 日会议纪要
DELAC: District English Language Advisory Committee
The District maintains a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) to advise on programs and services for EL students.
The DELAC steering committee meets at least four times annually and meets all of the following requirements:
- Has the opportunity to advise the governing board on at least the following tasks:
- A timetable for and development of a district master plan of education programs and services for EL students, taking into consideration the school site plans for EL students.
- Conduct a districtwide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Establish a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for EL students.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with applicable teacher or aide requirements
- Administration of the language census
- Review of and comments on the written notification of initial enrollment
- Review and comment on any related waiver request
- Review of and comment on the district reclassification procedures.
- Has received training materials and training, planned in full consultation with the committee, appropriate to assist parent members in carrying out their responsibilities.
These meetings provide an opportunity for district-wide articulation and ensure consistency and coordination.
For questions regarding DELAC, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
(510) 537-3000 ext. 1224
Parent Notification ELPAC Summative Letters -2020
Past DELAC Agendas
Past Meeting Minutes
2021-2022 DELAC Goals