Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC)
The Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) consists of at least seven members who serve for a minimum term of two years without compensation and for no more than three consecutive terms. The citizens’ oversight committee shall be comprised, as follows:
- One member shall be active in a business organization representing the business community located within the district.
- One member shall be active in a senior citizens’ organization.
- One member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
- One member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district.
- One member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the Parent Teacher Association or school-site council.
The Committee shall meet as often as necessary, and at least quarterly, in order to effectively perform its duties. The Committee shall meet generally on the first non-holiday Wednesday of the month. Meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. at the CVUSD District Office, Boardroom, 4400 Alma Avenue, unless another location is specified. See the District's calendar to confirm the date and location.
Alternate Committee Members:
Kern Lewis - Chair
Kathleen Scheidel - Vice Chair
Tina Sachs - Secretary
Robin Olivier - Parliamentarian
No employee or official of the district shall be appointed to the citizens’ oversight committee. No vendor, contractor, or consultant of the district shall be appointed to the citizens’ oversight committee.
The citizens' oversight committee convenes to provide oversight to ensure that bond revenues are expended appropriately for the purpose of improving facilities as listed in the resolution (included in the ballot language) and no funds are used for any teacher or administrator salaries or other school operating expenses.
The purpose of the Committee shall be to inform the public and the Board concerning the expenditure of bond revenues per Education Code section 15278 (b), and to ensure that such bond proceeds are expended in accordance with the intention of the voters and state law. The Committee will be actively involved in gathering bond related information and advising the Castro Valley Unified School District Board of Education on all bond related matters. The Committee will act in an oversight capacity on all bond related proposals and expenditures.
September 4, 2019
February 5, 2020
May 6, 2020
September 2, 2020
November 4, 2020