Board Policy Subcommittee & Policies, Regulations, & Bylaws
Board Policies, Administrative Regulations, and Board Bylaws
The Castro Valley Unified School District board policies and administrative regulations can be viewed and printed from BoardDocs.
Policies, regulations, and bylaws are continuously updated based on changes in legislation and the law.
To access the Board Policy Manual, please use the button below:
What is a Board Policy?
- A guideline adopted by the board to chart a course of action
- What is wanted or not wanted
- May also include "why" and "how much"
- Broad enough to allow administrative discretion/specific enough to give clear guidance
- Detailed direction
- Restatements or paraphrases of state or federal law
- Forms, job descriptions, etc.
What is an Administrative Regulation?
- Provides the details for carrying out policy and enforcing it
- Sets forth specific requirements
- May list do's and don'ts
- May include step by step procedures
- May assign specific responsibility